From time to time, a terminated employee or a nonstarter might return and need to be rehired on Flare. This guide will walk you through the different options that you have in getting them onboarded.
Important note: If you want to rehire a terminated employee, you can choose whether the returning employee should complete a 'New hire onboarding' process or not.
Rehire terminated employees who do not need to complete a new hire onboarding.
If you don't require the returning employee to go through the complete onboarding process, including signing a new contract, follow these steps to reactivate them:
Go to Organisation > Manage Employees. Change their status from Terminated to Active.
Adjust Start Date
In Employees > Employee details > Role, set the rehire date as the Start Date for the employee.
Modify any necessary information, ensuring it's up-to-date and accurate on the Role page Confirm the changes by clicking Save.
Resend Welcome Email
To help the rehired employee get back on track, send them a Welcome Email with their login details. Head to Account > Maintenance > Resend welcome email to employee.
Rehire a terminated employee who needs to complete a new hire onboarding.
- Go to Organization > Manage Employees and select Terminated Employees from the drop-down list
- Click the Set status button next to the terminated employee's name in the list.
- Set the status to Candidate with today as the effective date for the employee. Click Update Status.
- You might need to approve this change under Organisation > Approvals.
Follow the standard process to promote a Candidate to a Recruit.
- Navigate back to Organization > Manage Employees and select New candidates who need to be sent an offer from the drop-down list
- Click the pencil icon next to the employee and edit any details on the Role page as required (e.g. new job title, Employment Basis, or salary)
- Navigate back to Organization > Manage Employees and select New candidates who need to be sent an offer from the drop down list. Select the 'Set status' button next to the Candidate's name in the list.
- Select 'Promote candidate' to send out a welcome email with log in credentials and invite the employee to begin the onboarding process.
This will also trigger a 'Status changed' Smart Alert to be sent.
The below steps go through the process of re-activating a non-starter.
1. Go to Organisation > Manage Employees and select Non-starter from the drop-down
2. Click the Set status button next to the employee's name in the list.
3. Set the status to 'Recruited' with today as the effective date for the employee. Click Update Status.
4. You might need to approve this change under Organisation > Approvals.
5. Navigate to Settings > Account > Maintenance
6. Select the employee's name under Reset active process instance for employee, select the Radio button next to Onboarding and click on Reset Employee Instance
7. Scroll down to Resend welcome email to employee, enter the employee's name and click on Resend Employee Welcome Email
The employee can now log in and complete the assigned Onboarding flow accordingly.