Flare provides a flexible position management function. This includes a bunch of cool functionality to better manage and plan your organizational structure. This document highlights some of the available features and how to use them. Use of the position management function is optional, the system will work seamlessly even if you leave this in the background and don’t use it often.
If you have been using an earlier version of Flare there are a couple of changes you need to be aware of. The way you add an employee to Flare changes, and also how to set the “Reports to” person, and of course you now have access to our really cool visual org chart feature.
- Reporting structures are now managed through the use of positions in Flare.
- Typically one position reports to another position, when employees are set in these positions reporting lines are set – so we know who reports to whom.
- Positions and the company org chart can be predefined, and then the positions filled as employees are on-boarded, or alternately positions can be created as and when required.
The Org Chart.
The new Org Chart will enable you to view and edit your company structure any time you wish (with the correct security permissions of course).
The Org Chart can be found in the Flare menu, within the Enterprise section.
An example Org Chart is shown below:
- You can expand the chart by clicking on the icon or collapse by clicking on – this allows you to focus on a specific area of interest within the org chart, you can also expand all nodes to a selected level by using the “expand level” selector at the top of the chart.
- You can also view position details or edit the position by clicking on the icon. This also allows you to change who holds the position and who the position reports to.
- Clicking the icon allows you to add a position below (node to the org chart)
- The icon allows you to delete an empty position
- You can search for a particular person within the chart by typing in the search bar
The ‘Reports To’ Function.
Previously the “reports to” field has been set directly. The new functionality requires that the position that the employee reports to needs to be set, and then the “reports to” field will be set automatically based on this choice. The “reports to” field is still available on the employee role screen, but is not editable.
Adding a new position.
To add an employee to a position you can either create a new position during hiring or add them to an empty position in the org chart
If you create the position in the Org Chart be sure to fill in all the relevant information regarding the position by clicking the edit icon
If you would like to add a new position in the Org Chart follow these steps
- Click the icon to create a new empty position
- Press to add information to the step
- Now you can either add someone to the position by hiring someone new or filling it with a current employee as shown below! If this is a new position be sure to set reports to position is not set then be sure to set it.
When setting an employee to a position, any previous position they hold will be vacated.
Adding a new employee.
When adding a new employee to Flare there is a new section on the add page called “Position management” that allows you to allocate an employee either to the previously created position or a new position.
An example is shown below for adding a new position –the “reporting line” (the position this newly created position reports into) must be set.
You can also select a pre-existing – and empty – position.
In this case, the reporting line is already specified based on what has been set up in the org chart page:
If you need any more help feel free to send us a message by clicking on the "Help" icon
Or you can call us on 1300 352 734
You can also email our support team on Support@flarehr.com