Approvals in Flare are used to ensure that certain changes applied to employee profiles such as salary changes, job title changes, or leave requests go through an approval process before the change takes effect.
For every approval request, there's a designated approver who needs to allow the change. However, in some cases, approvers may not available to sign off on an approval. During these cases, it is important to have an escalation process in place. This article walks you through how to update Flare's Security Settings to allow someone to approve a request on someone's behalf.
If you are not familiar with the approval set up process, please navigate to the following articles first:
If the designated approvers for a request are not available, you can set up another approver with access to "Global Approval Override." This will give them access to approve a request on someone's behalf.
Set up a Global Approval Override Permission Group
This step will allow you to create a Permission Group which can be provisioned to users who need to have access to approve any approval in the system.
- Navigate to Settings > Security
- Click Add New to create a new Permission Group and name the new Permission Group "Global Approval Override
Ensure that all Permission Items are visible by clicking on All as seen above
Set all Permission Items to None or No and Once scroll back up to click Save
- At the bottom of the list, only set the following Permission Items to Yes:
- Approval: All Approvals- this allows users who are provisioned with this Permission Group to see all approvals in the platform.
- Approval: Global Override- this allows users who are provisioned with this Permission Group to approve requests on behalf of anyone.
- Scroll up and click Save
- Click on the Menu tab within Settings > Security
- Untick all options except for Organisation > Approvals and click Save.
- Click on the Members tab within Settings > Security
- Add the users who require the Global Approval Override Permission.
- Note: Do NOT add an entity to the Legal Entity field in this section. This would provision all employees in the entity with the Permission Group to view and approve any approval request in the platform.
- Click Save
Note: Limit the number of users with the Global Approval Override as these users will have access to all approval requests going through the platform. This includes salary changes and job title changes, among others.
To learn how to override an approval or approve a request on behalf of someone else, please visit our article on How to Approve a Request on Someone's Behalf