From time to time, the Fair Work Commission releases an updated Fair Work Information Statement (FWIS) that you must legally provide to a new employee when they join. This is a requirement to remain compliant.
This article outlines the steps you need to follow to update the FWIS in your onboarding journey(s). Before you start, ensure you have the most recent version which is available on the Fair Work website.
- Navigate to Organisation > Library
- Click on the folder that the Fair Work Information Statement is located in. This is typically in the policies or forms folder.
- Right-click on the file and select Properties
- Navigate to the Version Control tab and click on New version and the Upload Document window will pop up
- Click on Select and Upload, this will prompt you to select the updated document from your computer. Once uploaded, you will be able to see the new version uploaded under the version control tab.
- Signatures will need to be re-mapped on the updated form. See How To Map a Signature To A Form or Document
Top tip: the * represents the document that is currently in use.
Once you are happy with the change, select “Update” to save your change and select the “X” option in the top left-hand side to close the pop-up.
Your onboarding journeys will now reflect the updated version of the Fair Work Information Statement.