Employee's who receive allowances or have monies deducted may need to have these payments changed or stopped.
These payments or deductions are date driven and any change made incorrectly can cause errors within your pay run.
Note: Salary sacrifice deductions need to be managed against the employee's Super record.
To edit the payment/deduction:
- Go to the employee's payroll record within the current pay run
- Bring up the Edit pay tab
- Select the "pencil" icon next to allowance or deduction
- Change the end date to the last date of the previous pay period
- Select Save
- Once saved re-enter the allowance/deduction with the new value
- The start/end date will default to the current pay period, to have no end date simply clear out this field and select save
Apply an end date that is within the previous pay period and save
Re add the payment to the new amount and save. You can add an end date or clear this section to make it a recurring payment.
To end date the allowance or deduction simply follow steps 1-5 above and save.
The current YTD values will remain and simply be added to for any additional transactions against the same wage type. These are displayed on the employees pay record page.
Note: If you delete the allowance of deduction repayments will be created for every pay period they were applied. If this occurs simply add the transactions back from the initial start date. The Payroll YTD Breakdown Report in a great tool to identify the start date and values.
If the value is edited without the above steps being completed, back pay or retrospective deduction of the difference will be generated.