In some cases an employee who has been terminated and processed through payroll in a previous pay run may be owed a make up payment, this can be due to a number of factors. Some of the more common are, missed commission/bonus payments.
Below is a "how to" guide on making these payments to the terminated employee without having to reverse or rehire the employee.
Note: this method should only be used if the payments do not affect the termination date or reason.
If the termination date needs to be amended, log a support request through the Flare support page with the relevant details and our team will advise the best action to take.
Processing the make up payment
- Confirm the payment type, amount and reason of the make up payment to be made to the employee.
- Identify the pay period the employee was terminated within Flare pay - This can be found by reviewing the terminations screen in Flare Pay. Go to FlarePay>Terminations
- Go into Flare Pay > Pay Run management and select the appropriate pay group - pay run for the employee's termination payment.
- Search for the employee using the "employee" search box, or locate the employee in the full list on the over view page.
- Once the employee's pay record is displayed, select the "Edit Pay" tab and add the payment though the appropriate wage type. The date range will auto populate, so there is no need to change this unless it relates to an earlier date range.
- Select - Save
- As the payment has been applied to a closed pay run, the transaction will be pulled into the currently open pay run. To review the payment click on "select current" just above the pay run drop down
- Review the payment details and if correct you can either process the payment through the current open pay run to be paid to the employee on the payment date specified, or you can process an advanced payment to the employee through the advanced payment function.
Not sure on how to process an advanced payment, check out or Knowledge base article: How to run an advanced payment