If an employee has resigned or has been terminated and you are required to make payment to them on their final day or within a specified time period that falls before the next pay run payment date, this can be done by processing an advanced payment.
Please note that once an Advance Payment has been submitted in the system it can not be reversed or amended.
To Add an advanced payment for a terminating employee follow the below steps:
- Complete the termination process and confirm the results shown in Flare Pay are correct.
- Note the Net pay figure shown for the employee
- Click FlarePay -> Advance Payments in the left hand navigation panel
- Select the Pay group that the individual is in
- Select the current Pay run (i.e the Pay run that is currently open)
- Find the Employee that you wish to add the Advance Payments to pay
- Click – Add Payment
- Select the applicable Wage Type
- Net Advance - allows you to select a future date in the pay run. This is only for Self-Managed Payment Service clients who can hold on to the ABA files till the pay date
- Net Advance Immediate – allows you to make an immediate payment on the same day if processed before 2PM
- Date of the Payment (depends on the Wage Type selected above)
- Enter a reason as to why the amount should be paid
- Enter a net amount you want to advance pay
- Click the Save icon on the far right
- At this point you are required to approve the payment by ticking the box, this will move the advance to a "ready to pay" state.
- Before you submit the advance for payment you also have the option to edit or delete the payment, simply select the appropriate icon to the right of the payment
- If you have more employees you would like to pay an advance at the same time, follow the steps above and they will be added to the list for payment
- Once you have made sure all information is correct click Pay
Note: The status against the payment will move to "Synced", this confirms the file is being generated.
- Back on the FlarePay Run screen click View Report tab and download the ABA Report Advance Payment (note that it may take a while for the report to be ready) and upload to your bank or notify Epi-Use that is available. The ABA file is located below the Unavailable ABA report, If you have multiple advance payments within the same pay period you can identify these by the date generated.
- The Net amount being advanced will be removed from the Net pay and converted into a deduction, ensuring the employee is not over paid when the pay run is closed