When you're running a pay, you do not need moving goalposts with changes coming in from every direction. However, as an administrator, as you do a review you'll need to make changes and see them take effect in the current payroll.
ESS Lock and Unlock helps facilitate the best of both worlds with ease.
How it works:
On the Pay Run Management Screen, underneath the status bar, you'll see the ESS Lock/Lock and Lock (data) buttons:
If you see the ESS Lock button:
This means that employees can currently make changes through Employee Self Service that can change payroll results for the current payroll period - the fields will be locked and un-editable including submitting leave requests.
After clicking the ESS Lock button, you will see the ESS Unlock button
This state would be recommended after official payroll cutoff in your organisation has come into effect.
This means that employees can't make changes, however Admin's can still make changes - this is what Admins can but employees can NOT change
- Tax (TFN Declaration)
- Salary (Pay rate changes)
- Pay State (due to impact on Payroll Tax and General Ledger Reporting)
- Termination Date (in the event of any late paperwork being submitted or a urgent termination required)
- Superannuation (updating super funds assigned to employees & associated member numbers)
- Superannuation Salary Sacrifice (update fund & contribution amount)
- WorkPattern assignment
- Leave (ability to apply and approve leave requests for employees which apply before the end of the current pay period)
- RateCard assignment Timesheet (adding timesheet hours & submitting)
- Cost Centre changes
- PayGroup New Requirements Role page
- Employment Type
- Tax Scale
- Start Date
If you click on the Lock button
This state would be recommended until your pay run is finalised and your bank file is ready.
This will lock ALL changes that are pay impacting for the current pay period.