Within FlarePay, Vendors are used to facilitate third party payments to recipients other than employees. An example of this would be a Novated Lease provider or Workplace Giving charity. All deductions, either post-tax or pre-tax require a Vendor to be set.
Vendor management is broken into two distinct processes, the creation and assignment which are explained below.
Vendors are created at a company level and can be assigned to any employee, the steps to create a Vendor are as follows:
- Select FlarePay < Vendor
- Select ‘’ Add New Vendor” and complete the following:
- Complete Vendor Name
- Complete Vendor Account Name, BSB*, Bank Account Number* and Bank Reference
- Select Save
*If a Vendor is created, however a third party is not being paid automatically once a pay run has been finalised, the BSB and Bank Account Number should be set to zero’s (as per above screenshot)
Once a Vendor has been created it can be assigned to any employee within the FlarePay Run, the steps to assign a Vendor to an employee are as follows:
- Select the employee within the correct Pay Group (the Vendor needs to be assigned within the current pay run)
- Select the Edit Pay tab
- Select either “+Add Pre Tax Deduction” or “+Add Post Tax Deduction” then:
- Select the Description of the deduction
- Select the Begin Date and End Date (the Begin Date will default to the start date of the current pay period, however the End Date can be adjusted based on the period of time the deduction is valid for)
- Select the Vendor
- Enter the dollar value of the deduction per pay period
Once the deduction is added, a new line item will appear on the payslip for employees as per below, it will also appear in reports such as the Posting Report and Register & Variance Report as a deduction with the associated Vendor name.