It's always exciting when a new member starts. Make sure you know how to add a new employee in detail so there's no surprises to ruin the excitement.
The level of detail that need to be completed for the following sections will vary across accounts due to differing implementation setups. Whilst there are compulsory fields marked with an asterisk (*) it is recommended to fill in as much detail as possible.
Navigate to Organisation > Manage Employees > Add a new person
- Ensure the first item to address is whether the new hire is a New hire and proceed with onboarding or Candidate. The third option of an Existing employee not in Flare is not going to be necessary after implementation and so can be ignored.
- New hire and proceed with onboarding - A user created in this position will be prompted to proceed with Onboarding by a Welcome email being sent out. This will generate a contract based on the details provided in the following steps.
- Candidate - A candidate will add the user to Flare with the details provided in the following steps, however no Welcome email will be sent out. This means that a contract is not generated and the employee is not considered to be in a status of ‘Active’ in Flare. To promote to an active employee you would need to navigate to Organisation > Manage Employees and under the ‘Show the following employees’ filter select ‘New candidates who need to be sent an offer’.
- Email- It is important that this is accurate as this will be the only form of communication that Flare will have with the employee to initiate onboarding.
- If a new hire is replacing a previous employee, then in the position drop down menu all of the open positions which can be chosen, with the appropriate reporting line will be listed. The open positions will be readily seen and managed in Enterprise > Org Chart.
- If a new hire is not replacing a previous employee a New position needs to be created. To do so, you should select New position tickbox and name the position and reporting line. Our recommendation is to always use this option.
- Ensure to select Set position after the appropriate position and reporting line has been assigned.
- The Salary (excl super)*needs to be filled in, in conjunction with the Per* drop down. If the employee is on a per hour basis, the salary input should be the employee wager on a per hour basis. These two boxes must relate to each other.
- You may need to include the 'Salary (incl super)' box depending on which merge field is used in the contract. Contact your system administrator if you are unsure which fields to include and not to include.
- A new box will appear to select the appropriate work pattern.
- Click the drop-down arrow to choose from the list.
- After you have selected a work pattern. Ensure it is correct by selecting the drop-down arrow next to Rule details to see in more detail the conditions of the selected Work pattern.
- Please note that this Preview Contract button will only appear for a New hire and proceed with onboarding. This will not appear for a Candidate. If you’re unsure which option was selected return to step 1 of this guide.
(Note: the name of this button will change depending on what status the employee is being added as. It will look the same in appearance, just with different text. To review the difference between the statuses that can be added return to step 1 of this guide)