From time to time a previously terminated employee might return to work for you and needs to be rehired on Flare. You can choose whether the returning employee should complete a 'New hire onboarding' process or not by setting the status respectively.
Note: This is for Flare HR accounts only. Instructions for FlarePay accounts can be found here.
The below steps go through the process to re-activate an employee.
1. Go to Organization > Manage Employees and select Terminated employees from the drop down list
2. From the Manage Employees list, select the 'Set status' button next to the terminated employee's name in the list.
3. If you wish for the employee to complete an onboarding journey and to sign a new contract, set Status to 'Candidate' with today as the effective date for the employee. Click Update Status.
4. You might need to approve this change under Organisation > Approvals.
Follow the standard process to promote a Candidate to a Recruit:
5. Navigate back to Organization > Manage Employees and select New candidates who need to be sent an offer from the drop down list
6. Click the pencil icon next to the employee and edit any details on the Role page as required (e.g. new job title, Employment Basis or salary)
7. Navigate back to Organization > Manage Employees and select New candidates who need to be sent an offer from the drop down list. Select the 'Set status' button next to the Candidate's name in the list.
8. Select 'Promote candidate' to send out a welcome email with log in credentials and invite the employee to begin the onboarding process.
This will also trigger a 'Status changed' Smart Alert to be sent.
Note: If you don't require the employee to go through an onboarding journey and sign a new contract, change the Status to 'Active' and the Start Date to the rehire date of the employee. Update the rest of the details and Click Update Status. Re-send a Welcome Email and login details to the employee by going to Account > Maintenance > Resend welcome email to employee (step-by-step guide here).