If you need to setup time sheets for part time or casual employees on Flare at any point just follow these quick steps!
Here are some steps below to enable them for your casual staff and how they are approved:
1. First step go to Employees>Payroll Setup>Setup pay for the casual/part time employee.
Against an earnings rate tick the “Use Timesheets” box for the employee and click "Save" at the bottom of the page.
2. Then select “Time sheets” from the Employees>Payroll Setup menu and click “Add Earning Rate” then the below will show on that persons page.
It will then show the days of the pay period in which a time sheeted employee can enter in the number of hours they are worked that week:
3. Your casual/part-time employees will need to complete a time sheet and click submit to be able to be paid on their time sheet page. If no time sheet submitted, they will not get paid anything for the pay period (if using time sheets on Flare for FlarePay).
Here is the link to the knowledgebase article that you can send to your time sheet employees so they have a point of reference on how to complete.
4. If the employee submits a time sheet their manager or workgroup will get a smart alert email notification from Flare if it's enabled. This alert would notify the recipient that a timesheet has been submitted and requires approval.
5. If the time sheet does not get approved within 3 days before the end of the pay period, there will be a reminder smart alert that can go out if set up. If you would like to amend any of the smart alert wording, please update in Settings>Rules>Smart Alerts>Employee Management>Time sheet submitted.
6. The approver must go to the employees time sheet page and click on the approve button or make adjustments if necessary. Our tip is to advise your employees to put details in the comments section about breaks and start/end times so that a manager can have clarity on what they are approving.
6. Once each time sheet gets approved it will flow into FlarePay for that week for payment or you can export the details too by clicking on the export button on the time sheet page.
Check out this article for additional information.