There is a two-stage process (Approval and Calculation) when terminating an employee from FlarePay, both needs to be approved prior to the termination process is completed within FlarePay.
The first stage in the termination process, is to set the status of an employee to Terminated and ensure that the correct approvals have been received prior to the calculation of the termination payment in FlarePay. To complete the first stage, follow the below steps:
- Select Employee Details < Role
- Select Set Status (top right of the Role page) and complete the following:
- Set the Status to Terminated
- Set the Effective Date i.e Term Date
- If applicable, nominate a person to take over responsibilities
- Select the type of termination
- Select the reason for change
- Select Update Status
Depending upon the approval process configured, there are additional approvals required before the employee is terminated from Flare. To see the Status Change approval process configured, this can be done by navigating to Settings < Rules < Approval Process
To Approve the termination, navigate to Organization < Approvals, and select the Approve option.
Once the termination has been approved, the calculation can be completed within the FlarePay Termination screen. Steps to complete the termination calculation is as follows:
- Import timesheets for the pay period and complete any ad-hoc adjustments
- Cancel leave requests which occur after the termination date
- Navigate to FlarePay < Terminations and select the relevant Pay Group, Pay Run and Employee
- The termination for the employee will have a status of Pending, select the arrow and this will display a summary of the termination reasons set in the Termination Approval stage.
- The Gross Taxable payments for an employee can be added to the Termination screen as follows:
- Absence / Leave Balance: number of hours eligible to be paid to an employee. Selecting Approved will clear out the remaining leave balance
- Termination Payments: additional payments an employee is eligible to receive such as Redundancy, Ex-Gratia as well as Leave loading entitlements on termination. You must select the appropriate wage types depending on the conditions of the termination payment for tax reasons. When a payment is being entered relating to an ex-gratia payment the Term D wage type should be used. You need to enter the dollar amount for all payments as the system can not calculate this for you.
- Once all Gross Taxable Payments and relevant leave types selected and approved, the Submit button can be selected. This will start the process of adding all gross taxable payments to the payslip for employees.
- When all leave hours and gross payment calculations have successfully been sync’d to SAP, the Status will change from Ready to Sync to Synced
- For all employees, the Submit button is to be selected, including instances where there is no leave or additional payments to be paid to the employee. If this is not completed, the employee will not be completely terminated in FlarePay and therefore will continue to be paid.
Note that the current Termination screen only allows for the addition of gross values, if there are any deductions which are to be processed (i.e leave balance is in negative), this is to be deducted from the payslip directly.
If a correction needs to be made the employee's termination date before the termination has been processed, this can be done by reversing the termination.
If the termination has been processed you can change the termination date by rehiring the employee and re terminating. Do not reverse the termination.
How to rehire: How to rehire a terminated employee