Would you like your employees to sign an updated document or new policies? Maybe a revised version, or a re-hire?
Follow these steps to learn how to set up and activate an information request which allows employees to easily sign new documents or update their personal information in similar format to the onboarding process!
Let's get started.
If you are looking to send a contract variation via an Info Request, you might find this detailed article more useful: How to create a contract variation via Info Request
If you'd rather watch this as a video - you can watch a recording of the 'How to ...?' webinar about Information Requests below.
1. Go into Settings --> Rules --> Process Templates
2. Under Process Group, select Information Request.
3. Click 'Add new' and give it a name
Note: This is just a name for the process, it is not visible to the employee
4. Under Process Type, select Information Request.
Under Process Description, you can write a short sentence as to what the process is about for your own reference.
5. Click Save.
6. Similar to building an Onboarding process, click 'Add new' and create as many steps as desired. Below is an example of a employment contract step.
Don't forget to click Save!
7. Go to Settings --> Rules --> Smart Alerts and ensure that the Info Request Smart Alerts are set up.
We recommend you set up:
- Process Management > Process instance created
- Process Management > Process instance declined
8. Head over to Employees --> Role.
On the right side of the page, locate the Info Request button
Note: This will only appear if you have permission to launch Info Requests.
9. The below pop up will appear
Select Required Process: Select the Info Request you have previously created and would like to launch out to an employee.
Purpose of this process: Give a sentence of why this process needs to be done - this will not be visible to the employee.
Title: Give the request a title (e.g. Contract variation)
Note: This will be visible to the employee in the beginning of the process as the title
Request: Give a description of this request
Note: This will be visible to the employee in the beginning of the process underneath the title
10. Select the employee or employees (via creating a query) you wish to send this Info Request to
11. Click 'Submit'
12. Next time the respective employee(s) log in, the Info Request will be open and display instead of the Dashboard.
Would you maybe like to check the completion of the Info Request?
If you need any more help feel free to send us a message by clicking on the "Leave a message" icon
Or you can call us on 1300 352 734
You can also email our support team on Support@flarehr.com