Import leave balances into Flare all in one go using FlareConnect
Access to this area requires certain permissions. If you do not have access to this area, and have the permission to edit security settings follow the steps here to enable it.
1. From the Menu, select FlareConnect, then Payroll Import.
2. Select Leave under "data to import"
3. Download the template by clicking "Get import template"
4. Fill in the spreadsheet, make sure that all information is correct
Please Note: All fields are MANDATORY, they must all be filled out.
Type - primary description of the data item, please use: LeaveBalance and in this exact format.
SubType - category breakdown of main type - Annual, LSL and Sick.
Flare will only recognise and accept these three sub-types for leave imports in this exact format.
LeaveTypeName - Leave Balances are imported against the Leave Type Name.
- If LeaveTypeName column is present, it will update the balance of the matching type for the employee
- If LeaveTypeName column is present but does not match with what is in Flare, it will accept the file but not update any balances for the rows where there is a mismatch
- If the LeaveTypeName is not present (row by row), it will update based on the old match - SubType
Period - time that applies to the item - so for Annual Leave Balance, it will be for [All] time. If period is set to "All" then this is for all time up until the Period End date, so typically would be the current balance.
EffectiveDate- effective date needs to be in the current pay period.
New TOTAL balance is to be imported (i.e. not value of adjustment or hours added)
Only applicable if leave balance correction is to be completed post employee sync for FlarePay customers.
EmployeeCode - This is the Employee code, this can be the found under
Employees>Employee Details and is called Employee Number (Note this is often not the same as Flare ID so make sure to take the Employee Number). If you know how to complete batch export of your employees details, you will be able to get a list of your employee numbers from Flare or employee number from your payroll system.
Quantity - is the quantity of UOM and for example 47.00 hours total balance for the type of leave that the employee will be able to see on their leave page.
AccruedHours - This is only Required for FlarePay customers to record LSL hours accrued in SAP.
UOM is unit of measurement, which will be Hours for your import.
The following fields are NOT mandatory but recommended.
CompanyCode - This is your company code it can be found in Flare under Settings>Account and it is called Account ID (usually in a four digit number format).
Dates - PeriodEndDate is required to show the leave balance as at that specific date.
PeriodStartDate can be unique or the same as the end date if it is just displaying a snapshot. All dates must be in the format of yyyymmdd (import will fail if not in this format).
Amount - $ amount (value) which is not applicable for this import, please type 0.00 for each employee.
5. Once completed upload the spreadsheet back into flare by clicking the below button:
6. You can check the leave balance for an employee by going to the menu and clicking on Employees>Leave.